Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #48

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spines. This is a cool way to spotlight a upcoming release that you're anxious about, as well as checking out what other book lovers are anticipating as well. So, check out my WoW for this week:



The Lost Sun (The United States of Asgard #1)
by Tessa Gratton
Expected publication
: June 25th 2013
Publisher: Random House


Synopsis via Goodreads:
Fans of Neil Gaiman's American Gods and Holly Black's The Curse Workers will embrace this richly drawn, Norse-mythology-infused alternate world: the United States of Asgard. 

Seventeen-year-old Soren Bearskin is trying to escape the past. His father, a famed warrior, lost himself to the battle-frenzy and killed thirteen innocent people. Soren cannot deny that berserking is in his blood--the fevers, insomnia, and occasional feelings of uncontrollable rage haunt him. So he tries to remain calm and detached from everyone at Sanctus Sigurd's Academy. But that's hard to do when a popular, beautiful girl like Astrid Glyn tells Soren she dreams of him. That's not all Astrid dreams of--the daughter of a renowned prophetess, Astrid is coming into her own inherited abilities.

When Baldur, son of Odin and one of the most popular gods in the country, goes missing, Astrid sees where he is and convinces Soren to join her on a road trip that will take them to find not only a lost god, but also who they are beyond the legacy of their parents and everything they've been told they have to be.



Uninvited (Uninvited, #1)

Uninvited (Uninvited #1)


by 
Expected publication: March 2014 
Publisher: HarperTeen
Synopsis via Goodreads:
You can’t change your DNA…even when it says you’re a murderer.


When Davy tests positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome, aka “the kill gene,” she loses everything. Once the perfect high school senior, she is uninvited from her prep school and abandoned by her friends and boyfriend. Even her parents are now afraid of her—although she’s never hurt a fly. Davy doesn’t feel any differently, but genes don’t lie. One day she will kill someone.



Without any say in the matter, Davy is thrown into a special class for HTS carriers. She has no doubt the predictions are right about them, especially Sean, who already bears the “H” tattoo as proof of his violence. Yet when the world turns on the carriers, Sean is the only one she can trust. Maybe he’s not as dangerous as he seems. Or maybe Davy is just as deadly.


Why I'm Waiting



I love mythology and science fiction, altogether fantasy. Both of these novels sound really different and I can't wait to get my hands on them :)


What are you waiting on? 

21 comments:

  1. I really like the summary for Uninvited! It sounds so mysterious.

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these sound epic! Any book that asks me if I like a Gaiman book gets my attention!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Both of these are ones I keep thinking I might read come fall!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of either book but they look good, I'll need to add them to my goodreads! Thanks for posting.

    Here is My WoW

    Brenna @ Two-Tall-Tales

    ReplyDelete
  5. These both sounds like they will be amazing series. Great picks.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I haven't heard of either one of these before, and they both sound fantastic! Thank you so much for making my to-read list longer :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks, Shane. I like both covers, especially Uninvited.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for Uninvited, too. It sounds so interesting. Great picks!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for Sophie Jordan's new series. It sounds so intense. Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these books sound amazing! I am especially eager to read The Lost Sun.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uninvited looks really good and I love DNA strands in her hair! Cool cover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh both of these look fantastic! Especially The Lost Sun, I love anything that is based on norse myths. :-) Fabulous picks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hadn't heard of The Lost Sun before, so thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Today, I went tо the beach wіth mу kids.
    І found a ѕea ѕhеll and gave
    іt to my 4 year οld daughter and ѕaid "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
    Shе plаced the shell to hеr ear and screamed.
    Therе waѕ a hermit сrab іnsіde and it pіnched
    her ear. Shе never wants to go bacκ! LoL I know this
    is totally οff toрiс but I
    had to tеll someone!

    Here is my webpagе :: sporty-u.com/Marco46M

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sound of BOTH of these Shane :D Yay, thanks so much for spotlighting them!

    Old follower,
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts. I respect them. Leave a link to your blog and I'll stop by.

Related Posts